We note that if you are a Diebold Nixdorf employee, contractor, supplier, customer or other partner, the use and protection of Personal Information may be subject to additional contractual obligations between us, including without limitation, additional Diebold Nixdorf policies, such as the Diebold Nixdorf Code of Business Ethics.
1. Personal vs. Non-personal Information
- Personal Information: Personal Information may be collected from you as you use the Site, or from other sources. Personal Information generally is information that personally identifies you in some way(s). Examples include your name, address, birth date, email address, phone number, other data collected when purchasing our products or services, education, employment, credit card, or other credit information. Additional examples include information submitted through our call centers, by joining a mailing list, by participating in social media events, contests or surveys, and signing up for email alerts or distributions. If you submit Personal Information to us, including during your visit to this website, you are choosing to provide us with your Personal Information and you agree that it will be used to provide the information, products or services that you request (including information on additional products and or services which Diebold Nixdorf reasonably thinks may be of interest to you) and you consent to Diebold Nixdorf’s use of your personal information to improve or market Diebold Nixdorf’s products or services. Diebold Nixdorf does not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 16 and we ask that any individual who is under the age of 16 to refrain from using our Site or submitting any Personal Information.
2. Use, Disclosure and Protection of Personal Information
It is Diebold Nixdorf’s intention to obtain Personal Information only by fair and lawful means, and to use the Personal Information to service your needs and requests. We may also use Personal Information to process an order made through the Site, including shipping and returns of such order, and for organizing and submitting customer satisfaction reviews. We may also use such Personal Information to support marketing for our products and services and to enhance the content and use of our Site.
As a global company, in order for Diebold Nixdorf to provide our products and services, we may need to share your Personal Information with other companies within the Diebold Nixdorf group and/or transfer your information to other countries. We will always seek to ensure that it is kept secure and only used in accordance with your instructions and agreed purpose.
We may collect Personal Information in preparation of entering into a formal agreement. Such Information might be used to conduct searches and background checks. Any related data processing might take place outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Further, we may use and disclose Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, government agencies or investigations and similar legal instructions, to resolve disputes, and to protect Diebold Nixdorf rights and property. Additionally, we may also contract with other third-parties to provide services, such as shipping, payment processing, contact verification, market research, and organization of promotions, or other subcontractors; however, we will provide these contractual parties only with the Personal Information necessary to perform the work for which they were contracted. Such providers might use a cloud based tool, which means that data might be processed in countries outside the EEA. In such cases Diebold Nixdorf and such a provider have agreed the necessary terms as required by law.
Diebold Nixdorf will not sell Personal Information to any third party and we will take commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of such information, in accordance with our contractual obligations as well as in compliance with those laws applicable in the countries in which we conduct business (and you should be aware that laws in all jurisdictions are not the same, and that some may have stricter requirements than others). Further, to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, Diebold Nixdorf maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, and requires those to whom we disclose Personal Information to do the same.
Diebold Nixdorf will retain your Personal Information only for so long as it is needed to support the overall purpose for which we collected the information.
Diebold Nixdorf will process personal related Data on its servers which are located in countries all over the world. Therefore Diebold Nixdorf may process your data outside the country in which you are living (including but not limited to the USA or India).
3. Opting Out of Marketing Communications
Your Personal Information may be used to provide you with information regarding additional opportunities and information about Diebold Nixdorf products and services; and accordingly, by providing such Personal Information, you consent to such use. However, to the extent required by law, we will provide mechanisms for opting out of mass marketing communications targeted by Personal Information we have collected or otherwise obtain consent in the manner required by applicable law. These mechanisms will normally be available on the relevant email or web site, but you may always notify us at the address specified below under "Contact Us". Requests to opt out of communications based on data controlled by third parties must be made through the third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be some jurisdictions requiring stricter opt-in versus opt-out mechanisms relating to these types of communications and we will comply with the applicable laws in such locations.
4. External Links; Public Social Media
5. Other Diebold Nixdorf Sites
Diebold Nixdorf may amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on this Site, without providing prior notice to you. Any such amendment will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revised version. Your continued provision of Personal information to us after such changes have been posted will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
We are committed to making sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date but it is your responsibility to let us know if your Personal Information is inaccurate or out of date and we can only make changes to your personal information if you notify us. If at any time you believe the Personal Information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us at the contact details listed below. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If you feel that we have failed to deal with your Personal Information in accordance with this policy, or the applicable privacy laws, please contact us at the contact details listed below so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Our privacy specialist will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to address your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
10. Contact Us
- Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated: email@example.com
- Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH
Privacy Officer: Thorsten Fieseler
Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH
Phone: +49 5251 - 693 6607
- Diebold Nixdorf Australia Pty Ltd: firstname.lastname@example.org